Installing the app on your device depends largely upon how your organisation has chosen to distribute it. Common options include the App Stores or a Mobile Device Management (MDM) for mobile devices or a Desktop Management Tool for desktops and laptops.
This guide covers installing from an mhub hosted page for the following devices:
- Apple iPhone / iPad
- Android phone / Tablet
Installing from an mhub hosted page
The following procedure assumes that you are manually installing the app from an mhub hosted landing page, the URL for this page will looking something like:
iOS (iPad / iPhone)
1. Open a web browser on your device and open the URL for the mhub hosted installation page (it will look something like the page below).
2. Tap the link next to the Apple icon that says iPhone/iPad (see below)
3. When the pop-up that reads 'appupdate.mhub.tv would like to install "The name of the app" appears tap the Install button to continue (see below), the app will now install in the background.
4. Press the Home button (circular button at the bottom of your device) to return to the home screen, swipe left or right to find the app (if necessary) and confirm that it has finished installing (there should be no progress indicator over the icon - see below).
5. Tap the app icon to start it.
Note: If you see the message Untrusted Enterprise Developer you will need to tap 'Cancel' then go to the devices Settings > General > Profiles > Enterprise App section and tap the entry that mentions either your company name, mhub or both, then tap Trust "Company Name", then tap Trust again when prompted. Press the Home button on your device and swipe to find the app again, tap it to start it up.
6. When the pop-up that reads "App name" Would like to send you notifications appears tap OK (see below)
7. You will be asked to login to the app with your email address and password. Once you've entered this information tap Login.
8. The app will now open, you may need to allow it to synchronise with the content servers before you can start viewing content, this usually take a few minutes the first time you run the app.
When the app has finished loading / synchronising it should look similar to the screen below (number of channels and channel graphics will vary).
1. Open a web browser on your device and open the URL for the mhub hosted installation page (it will look similar to the page below).
2. Tap the link next to the Android icon that says Android underneath it (see below).
3. When the prompt that reads This type of file can harm your device. Do you want to keep thenameoftheapp.apk anyway? click OK (see below).
4. Whilst the app is downloading to your device navigation to your downloads folder (normally found in App > Downloads, see below).
5. Once in the Download folder find the downloaded app installer (typically found within Other downloads) and tap it to start the installation process.
6. If a pop-up appears with the following Install blocked - For security, your device is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Google Play (see below) you will need to tap Settings which will take you to the Security section, scroll down the list and ensure that Unknown Sources is ticked. You should now be able to continue with installing the app.
7. Once you've tapped the installer you will see a page like the one below, tap Install and the app will now install.
8. Once the app has finished installing tap Open and this will launch the app.
9. When prompted tap Enable to allow Push Notifications.
10. Enter your email address and password and tap Login to access the app.
11. When accessing the app for the first time you may need to wait a few minute to allow it to synchronise with the content servers before you can start viewing content.
When the app has finished synchronising it should look similar to the screen below (number of channels and channel graphics will vary).